How is it that 2014 is already nearly over? This has been a hugely eventful year for me - I graduated from Smith College after 4 long years with a degree in chemistry, I got my first real-world job (that started the day after my graduation), and I started this blog! 2014 was the year I really got into makeup and beauty in general, so I thought I'd go quickly through my top 14 favorites of 2014.
1. Pixi Glow Tonic. I've raved about this many, many times but it really changed my skin for the better, helping with hyperpigmentation, redness, and acne. I will forever repurchase.
2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. Another often-mentioned favorite. Again, this really changed my skin and helped with my dehydration problem. My skin is always glowing and soothed thanks to this.
3. Caudalie SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum. I've unfortunately run out of this and only have a sample size left, but it's still a staple in my routine. It not only ensures my skin stays moisturized but helps calm any sensitive episodes my skin may have.
4. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. Another raved-about favorite. This gives me a supermodel-esque glow in one night.
5. Lorac Pro Palette. One of my most-used palettes this year, even though I've only had it since July. I love every single color and can create pretty much any look I want.
6. Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Foundation. One of my best discoveries of the year. Perfect for light to medium coverage that still looks remarkably like skin - your skin if it was perfect.
7. Anastasia Brow Wiz. The one that really helped me reach the top of my brow game. I'll always have one in my makeup bag.
8. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer. The one I've gone back to time and again. It covers my dark circles up perfectly, is extremely blendable, yet doesn't crease throughout the day. Perfect.
9. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. A newer discovery, but it's now my absolute favorite concealer for covering redness and blemishes. I'd love it for undereye circles too if the aforementioned Maybelline wasn't so good.
10, 11, 12. MAC Lipsticks in Patisserie, Syrup, & Creme in Your Coffee. This was the year of the MAC lipsticks for me. I reached for these three neutral shades the most.
13. MAC Lip Pencil in Whirl. This year was also the year of the lipliner for me. This was the first one I fell in love with and will continue to be a great one.
14. MAC 217 Brush. I put off getting this brush despite hearing rave after rave, but I fully understood the hype once I started using it. This improved my eyeshadow game to a whole other level - it really does do the work for you.
What were your most-loved products this year?